Please find below the main points fom our SIAMS inspection which took place on 17 October 2019.
The full report is available to download at the top of this page.
Overall Judgement: How effective is the school’s distinctive Christian vision, established and promoted by leadership at all levels, in enabling pupils and adults to flourish?
Grade : Good
Additional Judgements: The impact of collective worship
- Determined and inspirational leadership from the headteacher is well supported by an effective governing body and dedicated staff. This enables all to flourish in an inclusive Christian community.
- The vision based on the parable of the sower is the basis for the Christian values which are lived out daily in the life of the school, allowing every pupil to fulfil their potential academically, spiritually and socially.
- Inspirational collective worship is valued by the whole school community as the heart of the school, supporting spiritual growth in pupils and adults.
- High quality religious education (RE) provision facilitates clear links between worship and spiritual, social moral and cultural education, supporting and developing the vison and values.
- Nurturing relationships based on compassion, love and kindness support all members of the school community.
Areas for development
- Mentor and develop pupils as worship leaders to extend their personal spirituality and their role in planning, leading and evaluating whole school worship.
- Enhance pupil age-appropriate understanding of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, particularly at Key Stage 1, further deepening their understanding of Christian worship.
- Extend pupils’ understanding of world faiths, including Christianity, thereby supporting and developing their awareness of global issues, including injustice and inequality.